Website load time should be in between 0 to 1 sec (very good) in between 1 to 2
sec(good) if that’s above 3 (Poor).
First, check your website with gtmetrix.com to get details like Fully page load time, total
page size, and request (request is the number of connection a web page required to
load that means it connects to the server )
- Now analyze the performance score and Yslow score and record them.
- Now optimize the page as you will have several recommendations in both Pagespeed
and Yslow tab try to analyze and do the needful changes.
- Again analyze the web page after doing the required changes.
Steps that could be done to reduce the page load time even further.
- Serving optimized images( Image optimiztion ).
- Serve scaled images.
- Minify js and CSS( fast velocity plugin wp ).
- Make fewer HTTP requests.
- Implementing caching( wp-super-cache ).
- Use CDN(content delivery Network)( cloudfare wp ).
- Update plugins,Themes ,WordPress(if using).
8.Optimize Databases( wp-optimize ).
For a WordPress site or Magento( In Magento plugins are called as extensions ) , we
could try to disable the installed plugins one by one and check the web page load time
and then if by disabling any extension we could see a drastic decrease in page load time
we should disable the extension
- Install plugin Hummingbird pro and optimize the web page and check the performance